We love the balance of sweet and tart, smoky and creamy, fresh herbs and wholegrains, and the mash-up of modern with vintage in this collection of picnic hamper essentials.
Classic Reuben Sandwiches
Swiss cheese sliced
Corned beef, cooked and sliced
Sauerkraut well drained
Thousand island style salad dressing
1. Layer a slice of bread with meat, cheese and sauerkraut.
2. Spread dressing on remaining bread slice, and close sandwich.
3. Butter the outside of sandwich and grill butter side down until brown. Flip and repeat on the other side.
Pearl CousCous Salad with chorizo and pumpkin
500g Kent pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 1cm pieces
2 large zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
225g pearl couscous
1 chorizo, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt, to season
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Spread the pumpkin and zucchini on the tray. Spray with oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook the couscous in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in the chorizo for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
5. Combine the couscous, pumpkin, zucchini, chorizo and coriander in a large bowl.
6. Whisk the lemon juice, oil and paprika in a jug. Season.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
Rice Bubble Chocolate Slice
225g milk chocolate melts
400g tin condensed milk
4 cups rice bubbles
225g dark chocolate melts
1. Line an 18cm x 27cm slice tin with baking paper.
2. In a large saucepan, combine 225g milk chocolate melts and condensed milk. Stir over gentle heat until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, add rice bubbles and stir to combine. Press into a prepared slice tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
3. Melt dark chocolate melts in short bursts in the microwave, or in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. When smooth, pour over slice and smooth out into an even layer. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set. Slice into squares and serve.
1.Combine three parts Aperol, 2 parts Prosecco, 1 part Aqua Minerale.
Fill a tall glass with ice, and pour over Aperol mixture.
Top with a slice of blood orange