Our Packed to Travel Workshop presenter Cathy shared her secrets for packing light in last week's Traveller Magazine in The Sunday Age. Here are her top tips:
- Don't pack at the last minute: give yourself at least two weeks to pack your bag
- Make sure all fabrics are travel friendly
- Choose three basic palettes, such as white, oyster and ink. This may be a combination of a pant/skirt/shorts, and pair with a singlet of the same color. Instantly you have three outfits, and by mixing and matching you then have nine.
- Accessorise with scarves and jewellery, as they instantly change the look of an outfit
- Use cosmetic jewellery instead of grandma's heirlooms
- Only pack three pairs of shoes - a pair of comfortable sneakers are a must